Afterschool Leaders - Help Us Build The Wave Of Innovation
Before-school, afterschool and summer programs are a natural fit with digital learning and often use digital media and technology in ways that complement the school day. For at-risk students in particular, these informal environments provide important opportunities to extend learning, increase access to technology and foster digital literacy skills. They also encourage civic responsibility and empower youth by allowing them to express themselves through the creation of digital content. Whether you practice digital learning every day or are just beginning to explore how to incorporate it into your program, Digital Learning Day is about celebrating and recognizing the unique ways that afterschool can support digital learning.
No matter how you decide to celebrate, we hope you follow these three easy steps:
- Sign up for Digital Learning Day to receive informal emails on digital learning updates and ideas.
- Use this "Save the Date" to share with your colleagues.
- Plan an activity to celebrate Digital Learning Day with your students. Some ideas include:
- Facilitate a project or lesson using digital media or technology.
- Organize a showcase for parents and community leaders highlighting digital projects completed by your students.
- Invite a local digital media professional or technology expert to your program to demonstrate how the skills they are learning translate into future careers.
- Offer a printable certificate of achievement for completing a specific activity or project.
- Join the action at twitter.com/DLDay2013 (#DLDay) and www.facebook.com/NationalDigitalLearningDay.
Check out other ways to participate and spread the word about Digital Learning Day!
Check out some of our incredible resources by clicking below!