Educators - Help Us Build The Wave Of Innovation
Educators have the opportunity to increase awareness, thinking, and discussion around technology and digital learning before Digital Learning Day by reaching out to administrators, district leaders, parents, students, and community members. Here are some great ideas for communicating with constituencies!
No matter how you decide to celebrate, we hope you follow these three easy steps
- Sign up for Digital Learning Day to receive informal emails on digital learning updates and ideas.
- Use this "Save the Date" in a PDF document to share with your colleagues.
- Send an email encouraging colleagues and friends to sign up for Digital Learning Day.
- Plan an activity to celebrate Digital Learning Day with your students, school or district. Some ideas include:
- Have student's showcase for parents and community leaders highlighting your school's efforts in digital learning
- Launch a project or lesson using digital learning or discussing technology's role in learning on that day.
- Invite a local business person in to your class to talk about the skills needed to succeed.
- Do a presentation to the PTA about the benefits of digital learning.
- Offer a printable certificate of achievement for a specific activity signed by your superintendent.
- Sponsor a showcase at your district office highlighting your innovative teachers and students.
- Award a student with a district specific Digital Learning Day Award.
- Join the action at twitter.com/DLDay (#DLDay) and www.facebook.com/NationalDigitalLearningDay.
Check out other ways to participate and spread the word about Digital Learning Day!