Principals - Help Us Build The Wave Of Innovation
Principals have the opportunity to increase awareness, thinking, and discussion around technology and digital learning before Digital Learning Day by reaching out to district leaders, parents, students, and community members. Here are some great ideas for communicating with constituencies!
No matter how you decide to celebrate, we hope you follow these three easy steps
- Sign up for Digital Learning Day to receive informal emails on digital learning updates and ideas.
- Encourage your educators to sign up for Digital Learning Day
- Use this "Save the Date" in a PDF document to share with your colleagues.
- Plan an activity to celebrate Digital Learning Day with your students, school or district. Some ideas include:
- Have student's showcase for parents and community leaders highlighting your school's efforts in digital learning.
- Organize an assembly highlighting digital learning in the classroom
- Invite a local business person in to your school to talk about the skills needed to succeed.
- Do a presentation to the PTA about the benefits of digital learning.
- Offer a printable certificate of achievement for a specific activity signed by your superintendent.
- Sponsor a showcase at your district office highlighting your innovative teachers and students.
- Award a teacher or student with a district specific Digital Learning Day Award.
- Join the action at twitter.com/DLDay2012 (#DLDay) and www.facebook.com/NationalDigitalLearningDay.